Hôtel Marriott Terminal Aéroport de Montréal / Montréal
Les marques du groupe Marriott International incluent JW Marriott et Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, la marque phare de Marriott International avec plus de 500 établissements à l'échelle mondiale, œuvre à la promotion de l'art du bien recevoir hôtelier, dans le but d'offrir à nos visiteurs une expérience mémorable. En tant qu'hôte Marriott Hotels, vous apportez votre contribution à cet engagement de par une offre de services premium répondant à un style sophistiqué aux détails travaillés. Forts de vos compétences et votre imagination, nous innoverons ensemble pour réinventer le voyage de demain.
JW Marriott s'intègre dans la branche luxe de Marriott International avec plus de 70 magnifiques propriétés dans les villes-clés, points d'entrée et hauts lieux de villégiature du monde entier. Nos associés y proposent un service authentique, chaleureux et sophistiqué au sein d'une atmosphère de confort luxueux contribuant à l'épanouissement du personnel et des hôtes.
Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles complex events. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Supports and acts on behalf of the Director of Event Management or Director of Event Planning and Operations in his/her absence. Serves as the event planner’s primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for his/her experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Event Operations
Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Executing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for his/her groups.
Reviews billing and payments with clients.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Handles guest problems and complaints.
Makes presence known to customer at all times during entire event process.
Follows up with customer post-event.
Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
Strives to improve service performance.
Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Event Planning - The ability to connect with customers, detail events, upsell products and services, manage multiple customers at a given time, be detailed orientated, understand and have a working knowledge of catering and event management systems.
- General Event Management - The ability to have a working knowledge, understanding of polices, procedures and standards of the event management department to include, event planning, event operations and event technology for different types of events.
- Banquets - Have a working knowledge of service standards, procedures and techniques for executing banquet event orders to include banquet /meeting room set up and strike, banquet design, and banquet beverage set-up and controls.
- Event Services - Have a working knowledge of standards and procedures for proper meeting room and table set-ups, various meeting room and table configurations and the set-up of staging and dance flooring.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
Postuler en ligne < Retour à la liste